The cast and crew of The CW’s Beauty and the Beast turned up at Comic-Con today to discuss the show’s upcoming second season. Now that Cat and Vincent are officially an item, fans of the series have been waiting for answers to the mysteries posed at the end of the first season. Where’s Vincent? Who took him? Who is Catherine’s dad? The creative team ensured that answered are due in quick order and offered a few teasers on what to expect from the second season. In attendance today were stars Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan, along with writer/producers Sherri Cooper and Jennifer Levin. Hit the jump for the panel recap.
The panel kicked off with a quick look at the sizzle reel and ad for next season. The ads…I cannot say I love. They are, well, a bit goofy, but I suppose CW ads usually are. Next up we got a look at the gag reel from season 1 and this was a much bigger hit. The cast is extremely likeable and you can tell that they have a great time shooting the show. It’s one of the better blooper reels I’ve seen in a while and elicited a few genuine chuckles out of me.
So what can fans expect this time around?
- Now that Catherine and Vincent are a legit duo the focus will shift from their burgeoning romance to the difficulties of love and the challenge of keeping a relationship alive.
- They said that they were quick to bring Cat and Vincent together because they want the show to be about love and romance and it felt “false” to keep them apart.
- When Vincent returns he will be a “super-charged” beast. The mystery folks that kidnapped him have done some work and he will be a faster, stronger version of himself with a new look.
- The big theme of the season is “Who am I?” This applies to all the characters and is approached differently for each.
- For Cat a large part of that question comes out of the mystery of her father’s identity. Cooper and Levin revealed that we will definitely learn who he is and that we won’t have to wait long to find out.
- In fact, they made a point to mention that a lot of answers will be coming our way at a rapid pace. However, the answers may not come as quickly for the characters and we will definitely know things before they do.
- At this point the writers are planning multiple season arcs as opposed to one at a time.