Warner Bros. Studios is having a very busy week, but not so busy as to forget a little thing called Comic-Con 2011. Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again be teaming up with the con to sponsor the “Comic-Con International: San Diego Official Bag.” The more than 130,000 bags (available to badge-holders upon check in) will feature official Comic-Con art on one side and one of 10 franchises in the WB/DC universe on the other. Featured titles include Batman: Arkham City, ThunderCats and Fringe. Hit the jump to check them out!
To prevent your arms from getting tired from hauling all your swag around, this year the bags will turn you into a walking advertisement double as backpacks! Personally, I’m willing to stab a guy in the eye for a ThunderCats bag. Knowing my luck, I’ll get The Vampire Diaries. If you guys hear about some black market bag trading going on, be sure to let me know.
Here are the bags (via Warner Bros):
Keep up with our continuing Comic-Con coverage here and check out the full press release below:
DYNAMIC DUO: WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT AND COMIC-CON RETEAM TO DISTRIBUTE OFFICIAL BAG OF COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO — AND THIS YEAR, IT CONVERTS INTO A BACKPACK!
Fans Checking in at Comic-Con to Receive a Collectible Bag Designed by the Studio, Highlighting One of the Following 10 Titles: “The Big Bang Theory,” “Fringe,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “ThunderCats,” “Batman: Arkham City,” “LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5–7” and “Justice League”
BURBANK, Calif. (July 12, 2011) — The dynamic duo of Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con have renewed their powerful alliance for 2011, and the Studio will once again serve as sponsor of the Comic-Con International: San Diego Official Bag.
- More than 130,000 of the signature, oversized (24”x28”) bags — dubbed the Con’s “ubiquitous accessory” by Entertainment Weekly — have been produced, and will be available to fans attending Comic-Con upon checking in throughout the five days of the convention, including Preview Night.
- For the first time, the 2011 edition of the bag converts into a backpack, making it as cool as ever — and even more functional! (And, yes, the protective poster tube remains intact.
- Designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, each double-sided bag features all-new Comic-Con 2011 official artwork on one side, with the other side featuring a design highlighting one of 10 different titles, including live-action and animated television series, video games and comic books from Warner Bros. Television, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment.
- The featured titles are “The Big Bang Theory,” “Fringe,” “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Green Lantern: The Animated Series,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “ThunderCats,” “Batman: Arkham City,” “LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5–7” and “Justice League.”
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2011, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter @Comic_Con.
More About Warner Bros. Comic-Con Bags
Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con — and serve as mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s key Comic-Con titles.