At this year’s Comic-Con, I was able to speak with a few cast members of Syfy’s hit show Stargate Universe. As I’ve said a few times in previous articles, I never watched any of the previous Stargate shows, but I’ve been very impressed with SGU (Stargate Universe). Since the show has only aired one full season and it doesn’t return until late September, I really recommend renting/buying the first season and catching up. It’s absolutely worth it.
Anyway, last night I posted my interview with David Blue, and tonight I’ve got Robert Carlyle. If you watch SGU, you know Carlyle plays Dr. Nicholas Rush and you’re never sure which side he’s on. But that’s one of the reasons his character is so much fun…as you’re never sure what he’ll do. During the interview, Carlyle talked about how he got involved in SGU, what’s coming up in season two (he definitely reveals a few spoilers), the pro’s and con’s of playing the same character and doing a TV show, what it’s like being at Comic-Con, and a lot more. It’s a great interview so check it out after the jump:
Finally, if you don’t like spoilers, I strongly recommend skipping from 5:20 – 8:15.
- What was it about the Stargate franchise or the material that got him involved
- 1:45 – How much does he know about the future episodes and what’s the collaboration with the writers
- 4:05 – What are the pro’s and con’s of doing a TV show
- 5:20 – Where are they in the filming process in the 2nd season. He says Rush has discovered how to fly the ship and Destiny has a mission.
- 7:20 – Talks about an 11 page scene between Rush and Young and then a 6 page scene
- 8:15 – How does he prepare for learning lines and the long days
- 9:55 – Does his work ethic effect the rest of the cast
- 10:45 – I give him a compliment about his acting; he talks about Rush and the way he plays the character
- 12:15 – Is he able to walk around Comic-Con anonymously and does he geek out over anything
- 13:10 – Did he just get to Comic-Con and has he found a lot more people want to talk to him about Stargate
- 14:30 – What was the panel like at Comic-Con
- 15:35 – What were some of the most interesting questions he got on the panel. Talks about the episode he directed in season 2