At this year’s Comic-Con, I was able to speak with a few cast members of Syfy’s hit show Stargate Universe. As I’ve said a few times in previous articles, I never watched any of the previous Stargate shows, but I’ve been very impressed with SGU (Stargate Universe). Since the show has only aired one full season and it doesn’t return until late September, I really recommend renting/buying the first season and catching up. It’s absolutely worth it.
Anyway, over the next few days I’ll be posting my SGU interviews, and up first is David Blue. If you watch SGU, you know Blue plays Eli Wallace – the former slacker that’s a computer/mathematics/video game expert. During the interview, Blue talks about being back at Comic-Con, his addiction to twitter, how has filming been going on season two and what can he reveal, how he prepares for each episode, and how has season two been different from season one. Hit the jump to check it out:
- He talks about being at Comic-Con and what was the crowd like for the Stargate Universe panel
- 1:30 – What is it like to come down to San Diego in the middle of filming and talk to the fans. Does it recharge the batteries?
- 2:45 – Has he walked the convention floor to buy anything
- 3:40 – What is the longest amount of time he’s answered Twitter questions
- 5:10 – What was Robert Carlyle like as a director
- 6:30 – Did everyone step up for Carlyle
- 7:20 – When the lead of the show is working long hours and not going back to his trailer, how does that effect the rest of the cast
- 8:40 – What can he tell fans about season 2
- 10:50 – How once the characters have been figured out…they can explore the sandbox
- 11:45 – How much is Eli a friend or a foe of Rush
- 13:10 – How does it work with scripts and the preparation process for each episode
- 14:40 – How does he break down the script? Does he do it on set or at home