One of the many live-action projects teased at D23 this weekend was director Brad Bird and screenwriter Damon Lindelof‘s Tomorrowland. While not much is known about the project (here’s what Dave had to say about the presentation), the fact that these two storytellers are involved is enough to have me incredibly excited. After all, Bird directed some of my favorite films (The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille), and Lindelof was involved in one of the best shows of the last decade (Lost). So it’s an extremely safe bet I’ll be in a movie theater on opening day, December 12, 2014.
Shortly after his presentation at D23, I spoke to Lindelof backstage. He talked about what the film is about, the viral campaign, the cool Tomorrowland pin he was wearing, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Click here for all our D23 coverage including exclusive video interviews and recaps.
- When can regular folks get the Tomorrowland pin he’s wearing. Reveals the movie was only made to create the pins.
- How involved is he in the viral campaign for the film. Says early on they formed a partnership with the Imagineers.
- Talks about the “live storytelling” that will be happening in the parks
- Says one of the ways the film will enhance the park experience will be by making you look at some things inside Disneyland and Disneyworld in a whole new way
- Talks about what the film is about