At the recent New York press day for Skyfall, I was able to speak with Daniel Craig. We talked about how this is a very grounded and realistic Bond film without the crazy gadgets, what it was like to work with Roger Deakins, was he more nervous to do Bond at the Olympics or host Saturday Night Live, what was the first thing he ate after they wrapped, how proud he is of Skyfall, and more. In addition, I asked him if there was any update on the sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (The Girl Who Played With Fire).
Let me be very clear: I absolutely loved Skyfall. Director Sam Mendes has crafted one of the best James Bond movies ever made and it’s also one of my favorite films of the year. While the Bond franchise is now 50 years old, Mendes has shown the best might be yet to come. I really can’t recommend this film enough. For all our Skyfall coverage including clips, posters, my set visit and more, click here. Skyfall stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Helen McCrory, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Berenice Marlohe, and Naomie Harris. Hit the jump to watch the interview.
- Is it nice to finally be able to talk about the film
- I mention how much I loved the film and Craig mentions how proud he is of the film
- Was he more nervous to do Bond at the Olympics or host SNL
- Craig talks about how this is a very grounded and realistic Bond film without the crazy gadgets
- What was it like to work with Roger Deakins
- What was the first thing he ate after they wrapped
- Any update on the sequel to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo