Danielle Bisutti Talks Difficulties in Acting Opposite a Puppet, How She’d Prefer Chucky to Kill Her, and More on the Set of CURSE OF CHUCKY,
Danielle Bisutti has turned into somewhat of a scream-queen as of late. The Nickelodeon star (she was a regular on the television program True Jackson, VP) just appeared as a ghastly ghoul in Insidious Chapter 2 and now follows that up as the less-than-likeable Barbara in the newest Child’s Play film: Curse of Chucky. At times Curse plays more like a dysfunctional family drama than a horror film, Bisutti often at the center of the conflict – browbeating her wheelchair bound sister and emasculating her sluggish husband. In a drama, Barbara would be the ‘villain’; however when a mysterious five-foot ‘Good Guy’ doll enters the picture – well, let’s just say, Barbara may have met her match.
In the following on-set interview with Bisutti, she discusses her character, how she would prefer Chucky to kill her, the difficulties of acting opposite a puppet and the musical theater production she would most like to co-star in with ol’ Chucky. For the full interview, hit the jump. Of note: there are spoilers in the following interview regarding the fate of Bisutti’s character. Curse of Chucky hits DVD & Blu-ray October 8th.
- Bisutti talks about her character Barbara.
- Where does Bisutti draw from for the dysfunctional aspects of her character?
- How would Bisutti prefer Chucky to kill her?
- What is Bisutti’s favorite in the Child’s Play franchise?
- What are the difficulties in acting opposite a puppet?
- What Broadway song would she choose to sing with Chucky?