Trance, the new film from Danny Boyle, opens in limited release this weekend. The hypnotic crime thriller stars James McAvoy as Simon, an art auctioneer who engineers a heist, but develops amnesia and forgets where he stashed the goods. His criminal partner, Franck (Vincent Cassel), is none too happy with this, and resorts to hiring Elizabeth (Rosario Dawson), a hypnotist who attempts to help Simon recover his memory. For more on the film, here’s the red band trailer, some posters, and everything else we’ve posted on the movie.
At the film’s Los Angeles press day, I landed a video interview with Danny Boyle. We talked about the unusual editing process, how long was his first cut, deleted scenes, how great actors like to audition, and more. In addition, he also talked about how they once considered doing a new cut of The Beach. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
Finally, we also did a print interview with Boyle where he talked about if he’d like to direct a James Bond movie, his thoughts on the comic book genre, and a lot more. Click here to read it. And here are my video interviews with James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel.
- Does he ever offer roles to actors or does he always make people audition. Talks about how great actors like to audition.
- When an audition doesn’t work out…how awkward is that conversation
- How long was his first cut of Trance
- Is he a fan of including deleted scenes on the Blu-ray and will we get any on this
- Does he have a lot of deleted scenes from his previous movies laying around? Will he ever include them in a future release.
- Talks about how they once considered doing a re-edit of The Beach