From the creators of Despicable Me comes the animated feature film adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, a beloved cautionary tale of environmental conservation wrapped up in a colorful children’s story. The 3D-CG animated adaptation is an adventure that follows the journey of idealistic 12-year-old Ted (voiced by Zac Efron) while he searches for a real Truffula Tree for Audrey (voiced by Taylor Swift), in order to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find one, he must learn the story of the Lorax (voiced by Danny DeVito) from the enigmatic and bitter old hermit, known as the Once-ler (voiced by Ed Helms), who let the temptation of greed and success get the better of him. For more on the film, here’s some images, trailers, 8 clips from the movie, and the Super Bowl spot.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I was able to speak with Danny Devito for our partners at Omelete. During the interview, Devito talked about how he got involved in The Lorax, how his character changed during the recording process, his favorite movie, actor and director, if he would ever want to do a sequel to Twins, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s his favorite movie, actor and director
- Do more people want to talk to him about Twins, Taxi or Batman Returns
- How did he get involved in The Lorax
- What surprised him the most about the recording process
- Did the script change during the recording process
- Would he ever consider doing a Twins sequel