Opening this Friday is director Brad Silberling’s “Land of the Lost”. As most of you know, the film is based on the classic series by Sid & Marty Krofft and it stars Will Ferrell as Dr. Rick Marshall and Danny McBride, Anna Friel, and Jorma Taccone also star.
I saw a screening and have to say…it’s a lot dirtier than you expect going in. In fact, I was quite surprised at how much they got away with for a PG-13 movie. If you thought this was just going to be some safe family film, you’re in for a surprise.
So to help promote the film, I recently interviewed Danny McBride as a reporter for our partner website Omelete. As most of you already know, Collider and Omelete are partners. That’s why you see both of our logos in the movie clips and the video interviews. So a big thanks to them for making this happen.
Anyway, Danny and I talked about making the movie, “Eastbound and Down”, his upcoming movie “Hench”, and a lot more. If you’re a fan of Danny’s, you’ll love the interview. Take a look after the jump:
- Has he been to Brazil
- Did he know the film would be so dirty
- When he got asked to be in the film, was it an immediate yes or was there any hesitation
- What was the green screen work like
- We talk about the soundstages they worked on. Danny gives a funny answer
- A Chorus Line music
- I try and find out where next season of Eastbound and Down is going
- Hench talk – talks about how he wants to get some of the lesser known villains and side characters from the DC Universe in the film