There’s a variety of personalities that are interlaced in the study group on NBC’s Community, but the most eccentric of them all is Abed Nadir, played by Danny Pudi. At the beginning of the series he came off as the stereotypical socially awkward, nerdy type who quickly developed into a wonderfully complex character who’s going through even more of an identity crisis during the second half of this season. Will Evil Abed reign supreme in his mind? We don’t know, but we certainly want to find out.
We got the chance to speak with Danny Pudi about Abed being pushed to the limit this season, how fascinating it is he knows so much about pop culture and anymore possible Cougar Town references.
Here’s a rundown of the highlights of the conversation, followed by the full interview:
- Anymore Cougar Town references?
- Explaining the show with his drinks
- Abed being pushed to the limit
- “Do you know how much it hurts me to know how much I look like Jamie Lee Curtis?”
- Out Abed-ing Abed, his pop culture knowledge