In addition to the new banner posters for The Dark Knight Rises, we’ve stumbled across this new secret poster featuring Catwoman (Anne Hathaway). It’s a pretty slick little piece which reminds us that, while Bane (Tom Hardy) might be getting all of the attention as of late, both audiences and Batman (Christian Bale) shouldn’t forget about the feline femme fatale. Director Christopher Nolan’s closing piece to his Batman trilogy also stars Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard and Liam Neeson. The film opens July 20th. Hit the jump to see the new poster.
Check out the new poster below (via Batman-News) followed by the official synopsis and a recap of all of our The Dark Knight Rises coverage so far. Apparently one of the previous posters had a QR code hidden at the bottom, which led to The Dark Knight Rises website and this sweet poster:
Here’s the official synopsis for The Dark Knight Rises:
Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.
- The Dark Knight Rises banner posters.
- New Footage to Premiere During the MTV Movie Awards
- Set Visit Preview and Four New Banners
- Six New Character Posters
- 2 New TV spots
- New images
- The Newest Poster
- New Image and Poster Highlighting Bane’s Mask
- Images of the Tumbler and Bat-Pod from the Tumbler Tour
- A new TV spot for The Dark Knight Rises for the 2012 NBA Playoffs.
- New images from The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Bat-Pod and Tumbler from The Dark Knight Rises Head Out on a Road Tour to a City Near You
- Warner Bros. Has Begun Selling The Dark Knight Rises Merchandise
- New Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Shows Off a Sassy Catwoman and a Terrifying Bane
- The Dark Knight Rises Viral Campaign Begins Unmasking the New Trailer