Earlier tonight, the MTV Movie Awards debuted new footage from The Dark Knight Rises. The way the footage is cut together basically makes it a new unofficial trailer, and there’s plenty of good-looking stuff. There’s even a new line from Bane (Tom Hardy), which I believe brings the total number of lines we’ve heard from him to three.
Hit the jump to check out the new footage. As we reported earlier today, the movie might be 2 hours and 45 minutes, and will be played as a part of a marathon at AMC Theaters. The Dark Knight Rises opens July 20th.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Dark Knight Rises:
Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.
Click here for all our Dark Knight Rises coverage or check out the links below.
- Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3
- Warner Bros. Initially Wanted Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler for The Dark Knight Rises
- Gotham Rogues Wide Receiver Hines Ward Action Figure
- Christopher Nolan Says He Was “Nervous” to Include Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises; Christian Bale Talks the Future of the Franchise
- TV Spot “Retired”
- 20 Things to Know from our The Dark Knight Rises Set Visit
- Limited Edition The Dark Knight Rises-Themed Nokia Phone
- TV Spot, Banners, Images, SDCC Action Figure, and Promo Posters
- Mega Gallery featuring 50 Images and 15 Posters
- Catwoman Poster
- New Footage to Premiere During the MTV Movie Awards
- Set Visit Preview and Four New Banners
- 2 New TV spots
- New Image and Poster Highlighting Bane’s Mask
- Images of the Tumbler and Bat-Pod from the Tumbler Tour