Continuing the trend of showing half of a movie before it opens, a fair amount of new footage from The Dark Knight Rises has been unveiled in the latest TV spot for the film. Given the lengths to which director Christopher Nolan has gone to keep the plot of The Dark Knight Rises under wraps, I’m really hoping Warner Bros. doesn’t unleash an Avengers-style media blitz in the next month leading up to the final Batman film’s release (though I’m not holding my breath). That said, if you’re interested in a few new bits of footage this TV spot gives us a scene between Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt and some fun Christian Bale/Morgan Freeman banter.
Hit the jump to watch the TV spot. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, and Marion Cotillard. The Dark Knight Rises opens on July 20th.
Warner Bros. Pictures’and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.
Click here for all of our previous coverage or browse the links below:
- New Images of The Bat
- Listen to Samples of Hans Zimmer’s Score from The Dark Knight Rises
- First Teaser Trailer for The Dark Knight RisesMobile Game
- Batman Begins to Be Converted to Digital IMAX for Trilogy Marathon
- Soundtrack Listing and New TV Spot
- Advance Tickets Now On Sale
- New footage from the MTV Movie Awards
- Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3
- Warner Bros. Initially Wanted Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler for The Dark Knight Rises
- Gotham Rogues Wide Receiver Hines Ward Action Figure
- Christopher Nolan Says He Was “Nervous” to Include Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises; Christian Bale Talks the Future of the Franchise
- TV Spot “Retired”
- 20 Things to Know from our The Dark Knight RisesSet Visit
- Limited Edition The Dark Knight Rises-Themed Nokia Phone
- TV Spot, Banners, Images, SDCC Action Figure, and Promo Posters
- Mega Gallery featuring 50 Images and 15 Posters
- Catwoman Poster
- New Footage to Premiere During the MTV Movie Awards
- Set Visit Preview and Four New Banners