The populist MTV Movie Awards always give fans a chance to celebrate not only the movies they love, but to get a look at the movies they’re planning to love. Last year, the MTV Movie Awards gave audiences their first look at The Hunger Games (it was Katniss firing an arrow! The world was never the same again), and this year they’ll be giving Bat-fans yet another look at The Dark Knight Rises. It will be yet another step towards reaching the critical mass where two-thirds of the movie will be completely spoiled as the marketing machine rolls on. I remember the good old days (2011) when people freaked out because we showed set photos featuring the Batwing.
Hit the jump for the press release. The 2012 MTV Movie Awards will air live on Sunday, June 3rd at 9:00pm ET/PT. The Dark Knight Rises opens July 20th.
MTV today announced that the “2012 MTV Movie Awards” will feature exclusive footage from Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ highly anticipated film The Dark Knight Rises, with director/writer/producer Christopher Nolan and actors Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman on hand to celebrate the Dark Knight trilogy. Hosted by comedian, actor and TV personality Russell Brand, the “2012 MTV Movie Awards” will air live on Sunday, June 3, at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT from the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California.
Known as one of the most outrageous and distinctive televised award shows, the “2012 MTV Movie Awards” will feature its trademark individuality and irreverence. Fusing the network’s musical core with the wonder and amazement of the comedy, drama, adventure and mystery inherent to the movie-going experience, the telecast is set to provide more laughs, surprises and one-of-a-kind moments with Hollywood’s biggest stars gathering to honor fan-favorites from the past year.
MTV fans hold the “Power of the Popcorn” awards in their hands with voting available online via MovieAwards.MTV.com through Saturday, June 2. As always, voting for “Movie of the Year” will remain open throughout the live show on Sunday, June 3.
- Set Visit Preview and Four New Banners
- Six New Character Posters
- 2 New TV spots
- New images
- The Newest Poster
- New Image and Poster Highlighting Bane’s Mask
- Images of the Tumbler and Bat-Pod from the Tumbler Tour
- A new TV spot for The Dark Knight Rises for the 2012 NBA Playoffs.
- New images from The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Bat-Pod and Tumbler from The Dark Knight Rises Head Out on a Road Tour to a City Near You
- Warner Bros. Has Begun Selling The Dark Knight Rises Merchandise
- New Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Shows Off a Sassy Catwoman and a Terrifying Bane
- The Dark Knight Rises Viral Campaign Begins Unmasking the New Trailer