After surviving the onslaught of The Avengers marketing machine over the last few months, we now have about two months of The Dark Knight Rises madness to look forward to. We brought you some new images recently and now a new TV spot for Christopher Nolan’s epic conclusion to his Batman trilogy has hit the airwaves. It’s a promo for the NBA playoffs (similar to this Brave spot for the NFL draft) and features cuts of the Caped Crusader between such current sports phenoms as Meadowlark Lemon and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (they still play, right?).
The Dark Knight Rises, starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine, opens July 20th. Hit the jump to check out the commercial.
Not a whole lot of (if any) new footage to see here. It takes me a bit out of the context of the film, relative to what we’ve seen so far, as it’s purely a marketing promo and is slanted more towards the NBA and less towards The Dark Knight Rises (which can’t possibly need any more exposure). Still, it’s a nice reminder that July 20th is only about two months away. Here’s the new TV spot for The Dark Knight Rises followed by a recap of our previous related posts:
- New Images from The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Bat-Pod and Tumbler from The Dark Knight Rises Head Out on a Road Tour to a City Near You
- Warner Bros. Has Begun Selling The Dark Knight Rises Merchandise
- New Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Shows Off a Sassy Catwoman and a Terrifying Bane
- The Dark Knight Rises Viral Campaign Begins Unmasking the New Trailer