It turns out that American Idol is still good for some things, like airing this new TV spot for The Dark Knight Rises. Christopher Nolan’s epic final piece to his Batman trilogy is now less than two months away, but don’t expect the marketing to stop any time soon. We recently posted some new images, a slew of character posters and even the Tumbler and Bat-Pod on tour in all their gritty glory. This new TV spot gives us a better look at the Bat-Wing, which is good, since pretty much all we knew about it before was “it’s not a car.” There are also some new shots of Tom Hardy’s Bane accompanied by some dialogue I had to listen to twice to understand. Some good shots of Christian Bale’s Bruce Wayne and Michael Caine’s Alfred sharing some dialogue. What are you waiting for? Hit the jump to check it out! [Updated with a second TV spot featuring Catwoman.]
Check out the new TV spot below (via Batman-News), followed by a recap of our previous coverage and the official synopsis. The Dark Knight Rises, also starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Marion Cotillard, opens July 20th.
And here’s another new TV spot featuring Hathaway’s Catwoman:
Here are links to our recent coverage of the film:
- Seven New Images from The Dark Knight Rises
- Matt’s Editorial on The Dark Knight Rises End and New Beginnings
- Six New Character Posters
- The Newest Poster
- New Image and Poster Highlighting Bane’s Mask
- Images of the Tumbler and Bat-Pod from the Tumbler Tour
- A new TV spot for The Dark Knight Rises for the 2012 NBA Playoffs.
- New images from The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Bat-Pod and Tumbler from The Dark Knight Rises Head Out on a Road Tour to a City Near You
- Warner Bros. Has Begun Selling The Dark Knight Rises Merchandise
- New Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Shows Off a Sassy Catwoman and a Terrifying Bane
- The Dark Knight Rises Viral Campaign Begins Unmasking the New Trailer
Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “The Dark Knight Rises” is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale (“The Fighter”) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman (“Million Dollar Baby”) reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on “Batman Begins” and the record-breaking blockbuster “The Dark Knight.” The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.