With director Louis Leterrier’s (The Incredible Hulk) magician-centered thriller Now You See Me opening May 31st, I recently went to New Orleans to interview the cast. For those unfamiliar, the story follows an FBI squad on the heels of a team of bank-robbing magicians who share their profits with the audience, and the pic boasts an impressive ensemble cast that includes Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine, Melanie Laurent and Morgan Freeman. For more on the film, watch six clips, or check out all our previous coverage.
During my interview with Dave Franco, he talked about how much fun he had making the movie, what he learned about magic, what it was like working for Louis Leterrier and his always moving camera, and more. In addition, he talked about if he’ll be in the 21 Jump Street sequel, and reveals Nicholas Stoller‘s Townies features tons of male nudity. Hit the jump to watch.
- A lot of talk about doing the bump rather than handshakes…
- How much fun was making this movie
- What did he learn about magic from making the movie
- What was it like working with Louis Leterrier and how he always has the camera on a crane and it’s moving
- Talks about Nicholas Stoller’s Townies. Says it’s a Seth Rogen style comedy where everything is improvised and it features tons of male nudity.
- Any update on the 21 Jump Street sequel