Poor Dave Franco. The charming younger brother of James just can’t seem to catch a break in films. In Fright Night and 21 Jump Street, he’s the “other guy” – all the ladies choosing a different suitor, leaving ol’ Franco to either a.) get eaten by a vampire Colin Farrell or b.) go to prison. Not the greatest of options. I wish I could say things turn out differently for Franco in this week’s zombie rom-com Warm Bodies – but by the ten-minute mark, the poor kid’s zombie food and then somehow things get more tragic for his character. It’s a testament that even in a film as a light-hearted as Warm Bodies, Dave Franco still gets the short stick.
In the following interview with Franco, he discusses his character’s tragic arc, the plight of never getting the girl and whether or not he’ll be back for the 21 Jump Street sequel. For the full interview, hit the jump.
For more on Warm Bodies, here are three clips and thirteen minutes of behind-the-scenes-footage.
- If he could eat one person’s brains who would it be. Says Wes Anderson
- Talks about how his character has a tragic arc
- Talks about why he wanted to play this part
- What was it like to work for Jonathan Levine
- Will he ever get the girl
- Talks about the success of 21 Jump Street and the sequel