After years of work, Wu-Tang Clan member Rza’s writing and directorial debut, The Man with the Iron Fists is finally hitting screens on November 2nd. The film, co-written by Eli Roth and presented by Quentin Tarantino is a cross-cultural mashup of 70s Kung Fu, 90s gangsta rap and 00s comic book logic. Perhaps the film’s strangest element is Dave Bautista, the WWE wrestler turned mainstream actor who plays the heavy, Brass Body, a man with impenetrable metal skin.
Last weekend Collider sat down with Bautista back stage at the House of Blues Sunset to discuss the film. During the interview we talked about Hollywood fame, where Brass Body got his powers, a bit about the new Riddick film and more. Hit the jump to watch..
- 00:00 – 1:05 – Have people started noticing you on the street for things other than wrestling?
- 1:05 – 1:45 – Where did Brass Body come from, originally?
- 1:45 – 2:00 – Where did Brass Body get his powers?
- 2:00 – 3:05 Is it more difficult to do a live WWE fight or a broken up fight for the screen?
- 3:05 – What can we expect from the new Riddick film?