Love is in the air at DC Comics this Valentine’s Day with the release of Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine’s Day Special #1. Following hot on the heels of Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain’s Journey collection, featuring the much-hyped first kiss between Superman and Wonder Woman in The New 52 continuity, Young Romance provides readers with a collection of six stories of superhero love. And with that, DC has provided us with a copy of each comic and a selection of superheroic Valentine’s Day cards just for you. Hit the jump for more details.
This DC giveaway is just the beginning of our increasing comic book coverage on Collider. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be bringing you more features and a running assessment of DC’s The New 52, plus a lot more! Be sure to let us know what comic book news and issues you’d like us to cover in the future.
You can win a copy of Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine’s Day Special #1, Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain’s Journey and DC Valentine’s Day cards by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and address and include DC Comics Valentine’s Giveaway in the headline. This giveaway will be open until February 15th at noon PST and is only open to residents of the United States. Also, only one entry per person. Once the giveaway ends, we’ll look over the entries and randomly pick out the winners. It never hurts to mention why you think you deserve to win.
Here is the synopsis for the Young Romance Special:
- Romance is in the air in this very special Special!
- Wonder Woman consults Eros himself about her feelings for The Man of Steel.
- Barbara Gordon has always been too busy for romance, but could her role as Batgirl bring her back to the first guy she ever kissed?
- Following the events of “Death in the Family,” how can Catwoman ease Batman’s troubled soul?
- Aquaman makes waves as he treats his wife like a queen for a day.
- From the pages of STORMWATCH, Apollo and Midnighter celebrate Valentine’s Day separately but with each other in mind. Who—or what—stands between them?
- Dick Grayson and the daughter of Lucious Fox meet-cute!
- Plus: Perforated Valentine’s Day cards featuring the stars of these stories!
Cover by: Kenneth Rocafort
Along with furthering the burgeoning romance between Wonder Woman and Superman, Ann Nocenti provides The New 52 continuity with the origin of the first meeting between Batman and Catwoman. Also, Cecil Castellucci provides a solid tale of love lost with two of the recent surprise stars of the DCU: Aquaman and Mera.
Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain’s Journey features the newly re-originated Justice League finishing out their first year facing their growing pains as a team. The collection features a fresh take on the Justice League from Geoff Johns, excellently capturing the friction between the DCU’s heaviest hitters as they tackle their newest foe, Graves, a product of their own clash with Darkseid. Johns’ provides not only a great storyline highlighting the growth and changes the League will be seeing in the upcoming year, but also supplies a fantastic banter between the Flash and Green Lantern, making this a great read while avoiding the snow this week.