While at this year’s WonderCon, the cast of Deadly Class (Luke Tennie, Liam James, Benjamin Wadsworth, Maria Gabriela de Faria, and Taylor Hickson) stopped by the Collider studio to talk about their Syfy show. During the wide-ranging interview, they revealed what it takes to make a TV show, what’s a day they’ll always remember from making the first season, what they hope to take into a possible Season 2, what it was like filming Season 1’s biggest action scenes, what happened when one of them went out without washing off their makeup and blood, and so much more.
In addition, they played “Get To Know Your WonderCon Attendee” which includes a number of questions like what TV show they’d like to guest-star on, what’s their favorite fantasy or sci-fi movie, what film scared them as a kid, his first movie or TV show crush, if they prefer Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad, what’s their favorite ride at Disneyland, and a lot of other fun stuff.
If you’ve never seen Deadly Class, the show is an adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel from Miles Orion Feldsott (American Koko), original comic writer Rick Remender, and Avengers: Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo. The series takes place in 1987 San Francisco and stars Benjamin Wadsworth as a new student attending an upscale private academy for the rich children of crime family bosses.
Check out what they had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the official synopsis.
Luke Tennie, Liam James, Benjamin Wadsworth, Maria Gabriela de Faria, and Taylor Hickson:
- Whether they watch anime dubbed or with subtitles.
What they learned making season 1 that they’d love to take into a season 2.
- The long hours and crazy shoots it takes to make an episode of Deadly Class.
- A day or two from making the first season that they will always remember.
- Going out with their costumes and fake blood still on.
- What’s in the deleted scenes from season 1.
- Filming season 1’s biggest action scenes.
- What it is about the superhero genre that resonates with so many people.
- What TV they would love to guest-star on.
- Their first movie or TV show crush.
- What TV show they have watched all the way through more than once.
- Is there anything they collect?
- Meeting people at events like WonderCon that are especially passionate about Deadly Class.
- Their favorite sci-fi or fantasy films.
- Whether they prefer Star Wars or Star Trek.
Whether they prefer Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad.
- Whether they prefer Han Solo or Indiana Jones.
- Their favorite ride at Disneyland.
Here is the official synopsis for Deadly Class:
Set in a dark, heightened world against the backdrop of late ‘80s counterculture, DEADLY CLASS follows the story of Marcus (Benjamin Wadsworth), a teen living on the streets who is recruited into Kings Dominion, an elite private academy where the world’s top crime families send their next generations. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques and his own adolescent uncertainties soon proves to be vital. Based on the best-selling 2014 Image Comics graphic novel by Rick Remender and Wes Craig, DEADLY CLASS is a coming-of-age journey full of ancient mystery and teen angst.