A few nights ago at the 42nd Annual Saturn Awards, Simon Kinberg was given The George Pal Memorial Award. Each year the Award is given to those who have shown exemplary work in the respective film genres. It is named in honor of George Pal, a Hungarian-born American animator and film producer, principally associated with the science fiction genre. And if you look over Kinberg’s resume, it’s not a surprise he’s win this Award, considering his work on the X-Men movies, The Martian, Deadpool, Star Wars: Rebels, and so many more.
Shortly before the ceremony began, I managed to speak with the busy writer-producer on the red carpet. We talked about what he’s been working on the past few weeks, the X-Men: Apocalypse box office, future X-Men movies, how’s Hugh Jackman’s final Wolverine movie going, Comic-Con, Noah Hawley’s Legion, Hellfire, and Deadpool 2. For those looking forward to Tim Miller’s Deadpool sequel, Kinberg reveals they hope to be filming early next year but don’t yet know where. Check out what he had to say in the video above.
- What’s he been working on the past few weeks?
- Is Fox happy with the X-Men: Apocalypse box office?
- What are they thinking about for future X-Men movies?
- Where are they in the Deadpool 2 development? Reveals they hope to be shooting the sequel the beginning of next year.
- How is the Wolverine movie going?
- Is he going to Comic-Con and is he announcing anything while there?
- Updates on Hellfire and Legion.
- Luna Park update.