American audiences have had a chance to see Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool since mid February of this year, but the smash superhero hit only just opened in their last international territory: Japan. On a related note, 20th Century Fox will be rolling out X-Men: Apocalypse in Japan starting on August 11th, so their marketing campaign is still going strong in that final market. Though Bryan Singer’s latest has already amassed over half-a-billion dollars at the global box office, a little extra advertising help never hurt.
Enter Reynolds as the masked Merc with a Mouth, who surprisingly shows up at the end of the Japanese trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse. It’s easily the best part of the four-minute runtime of more or less the same trailer you’ve seen before; you can definitely skip past the first 2:30 unless you want to see some snippets of footage previously seen in the movie itself. This should make you want to watch Deadpool all over again, or seek it out for the first time; it provides a fantastic appetizer (or invigorating antidote) to some of the more serious superhero fare out there.
Check out Deadpool in his first-ever post-trailer appearance below (via of YOMYOMF):
For more on X-Men: Apocalypse, take a look at some of our latest stories:
- The Collider Podcast: Episode 49 – ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
- 9 Major Unanswered Questions After ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’
- Turning Back the Clock: A Deep Dive Into the ‘X-Men’ Movie Timeline
- The Top 10 Mutants We Want to See in Future ‘X-Men’ Movies
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’: See How the Quicksilver Sequence Was Created
And for our recent coverage on Deadpool, check out the following links:
- Simon Kinberg on ‘Deadpool 2’: Says They Hope to Start Filming Early Next Year
- ‘Deadpool 2’: Ajax Actor Ed Skrein Wants Taskmaster for the Villain
- Poll: Who Should Play Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’?
- Every ‘X-Men’ Movie Ranked from Worst to Best
- Watch Ryan Reynolds Make an Appearance in ‘Deadpool’s Honest Trailer