Ryan Reynolds and 20th Century Fox wish viewers a very Merry Christmas with a look at the new red-band Deadpool trailer. I’m happy to say that it continues the trend of fourth-wall breaking jokes and self-referential humor that we’ve seen in previous footage, but also reveals more of the powers of Deadpool’s cohorts and villains. And while I was happy to see Colossus in action, the real treat here is the clash between Angel Dust and Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
Also starring Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carlysle/Copycat, Stefan Kapicic as Colossus, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, T.J. Miller as Weasel, Gina Carano as Angel Dust, and Ed Skrein as Ajax, Deadpool opens this February.
Take a look at the new red-band trailer for Deadpool below:
And here’s a cleaner version for the kids:
In case you missed it, here’s a Christmas Eve teaser for the above-seen Deadpool trailer alongside a special message from Hugh Jackman:
— Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) December 24, 2015
Deadpool debuts in theaters on February 12th. Here’s the official synopsis:
Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
For more on Deadpool, be sure to check out some of our recent coverage below:
- The 15 Best Movie Trailers of 2015
- New ‘Deadpool’ IMAX Poster Features a Stan Lee Cameo
- ‘Deadpool’ Video Announces Holiday Countdown to New Trailer Premiere
- ‘Deadpool': EP John Kelly on Adapting Marvel Comics, Production, Key Scenes, and More
- ‘Deadpool': The Merc with a Mouth Gets Flirty on New International Poster
- Simon Kinberg on ‘New Mutants’, the Final ‘Wolverine’ Movie, ‘Deadpool’, and More