Warner Bros. held the premiere of A Nightmare on Elm Street at the famous Chinese Theater in Hollywood last night. While I haven’t covered a premiere in awhile, I decided to stand on the black carpet to try and land some interviews. Thankfully, a lot of the cast and some of the filmmakers stopped to talk to me, and by tomorrow night I’ll have all of them online.
One of the first to stop was Derek Mears (resume here) and during our brief chat we talked about working for Platinum Dunes, what’s up with Friday the 13th Part 2, Comic-Con, Predators (he plays one in the upcoming film), and he told me he just signed onto Death Games alongside Samuel L. Jackson and Kellan Lutz. Hit the jump to watch the interview:
- When you’ve been in a Platinum Dunes movie does that mean you get invited to every premiere
- Friday the 13th Part 2 talk
- Can he walk around Comic-Con and be left alone
- Predators movie talk – what did he think about what he saw (he plays a Predator)
- What was it like on set
- What is he working on now – says he just signed onto Death Games with Samuel L. Jackson and Kellan Lutz