I love talking to directors. That’s because while actors are great to talk with, director’s are the ones with the real stories. After all, a director is the one who cast the leads and they’re also the ones who decided on the look and feel of whatever movie you’re watching. Ultimately, if you love or hate a movie, it’s the director who deserves the praise or scorn.
And director Jaume Collet-Serra (“House of Wax”) proved my point about talking to directors as he had a lot to say about the look of “Orphan” and why he wanted to make the film. He also talked about the alternate ending that’s going to be on the DVD/Blu-ray, film versus digital, and what he has coming up – it’s another Dark Castle film called “Unknown White Male”. If you’ve been looking forward to “Orphan”, Jaume has a lot to say so take a look:
Finally, if you’d like to watch some clips from “Orphan” click here. The film opens this Friday.
- Does he enjoy the interview process
- We talk about how he went from House of Wax to Goal 2 and then this
- Did he debate which project to do after Goal 2
- We talk about the look of the film
- Film versus digital talk
- DVD/Blu-ray talk – says a different ending is on the DVD. Last 2 minutes are completely different
- Talks about his next project called Unknown White Male. It’s about a guy who has an accident and wakes up from a coma and finds out he’s been replaced by another guy. Says it’s a movie about identity. Says they are shooting the film this January in Berlin for Dark Castle Entertainment.