I don’t know what else I can say about director Todd Philips “The Hangover”. I’ve already told you it’s laugh out loud funny. I’ve already said you absolutely need to see it this weekend so people don’t ruin all the jokes. Also, everyone’s going to be talking about this movie next week, and you’ll want to be able to join in the conversation.
Again, this film is the real deal and Todd’s best work since “Old School”.
Anyhow, a little over a week ago I was in Las Vegas for the press junket and I got to interview Todd one on one. During our ten or so minutes we talked about making the film, being back in Vegas, how great a studio Warner Bros. is to work for, what he might do next, and we talked about one of the great gags in the movie. It’s a fantastic interview and one I think you’ll enjoy. Take a look after the jump:
- What is it like to be back at Caesar’s Palace
- Did he ever have to handle the cast and crew due to the Vegas atmosphere
- What was it about this material that pulled him in
- Zach Galifianakis talk
- We talk about how Warner Bros. is a great studio to work for – we talk Watchmen, Observe and Report and more
- What might he do next
- Sequel talk – I ask could it take place in a cruise ship. He says they have an idea in place for the sequel
- Baby masturbating talk – Todd tells a GREAT story about the baby in the movie and that scene