As I said when I first interviewed director Vincenzo Natali at this year’s WonderCon, one of the best films I saw at this year’s Sundance Film festival was Splice. Starring Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley as genetic scientists that create a new life form with severe consequences, the film is original, dark, twisted, and awesome. If you’re the kind of person that complains Hollywood never does anything original, you’re going to want to check out Splice this weekend. Here are some clips.
Anyhow, with the movie set for release tomorrow, I recently sat down one more time with this talented director to talk about his film. During our extended interview we talked about the challenges of getting Splice made, what will be on the DVD/Blu-ray, what’s up with High Rise, Tunnels and Neuromancer, and a lot more. Hit the jump to check it out.
- What has this promotional experience been like for him
- 2:00 – What was the one reason why he wanted to make Splice
- 3:00 – How tough was it to get the money for Splice. Also did the third act cause any issues
- 3:50 – Casting talk
- 4:50 – Rehearsal process and how long was the shoot
- 6:20 – What will be on the DVD/Blu-ray
- 7:20 – Deleted scenes
- 8:25 – What is he working on next – talks about High Rise. Says any talk the film is shot or done is untrue
- 9:45 – Tunnels and Neuromancer talk – says no studio has the rights yet
- 12:00 – Have things changed for him in the last few months regarding taking meetings