At last week’s Saturn Awards, I was able to interview director Zack Snyder and his producing partner (and wife) Debbie Snyder on the red carpet. While interviews on the red carpet are usually short, I was able to speak with them for about 6 minutes and got updates on Sucker Punch, Legend of the Guardians, what are they going to do at Comic-Con, what’s up with the 300 Prequel Xerxes, and a lot more.
Some of the highlights were Snyder confirming they did a friends and family screening of Sucker Punch recently and it went over great, they have big plans for Comic-Con and we’ll get out first look at some Sucker Punch footage and exclusives, the finale of Legend of the Guardians is still being worked on and none of the footage has been in either trailer, he’s seen some of Frank Miller’s Xerxes comic and it’s still and wait and see if he’ll make a movie out of it, Snyder is currently writing a new project (doesn’t reveal what it is), and they talk about the challenges of trying to make two films at the same time. It’s a great update on all their projects so hit the jump to take a look:
Zack Snyder and Debbie Snyder
- Are they online junkies? Do they pay attention to the online buzz?
- :30 Does the trailer for Legend of the Guardians do a good job conveying how awesome the movie is going to be
- 1:10 – How has the last few months been in the editing room and making the 3D work with his style of filmmaking
- 1:45 – I ask if it’s true that they did a friends and family screening of Sucker Punch recently at WB. Debbie confirms the first look will be at Comic-Con and says they got a great response that saw the movie
- 2:17 – What do they want to show at Comic-Con to the fans
- 2:55 – What has the last year been like for them trying to make two films at the same time
- 3:40 – Zack says they’re still working on the big climatic battle and none of that scene is in the trailer
- 4:00 – How nice is it to get some love for Watchmen
- 4:25 – Now that people are watching the extended edition of Watchmen (which is awesome, btw) are they hearing from more people how much they love the film
- 5:18 – Has he seen the Xerxes graphic novel and is he interesting in directing it
- 5:50 – Since he’s been going non-stop on two films, when he wraps on both, does he see himself taking some time off or jumping right back into another project
- 6:00 – Snyder says he is writing a new project right now (doesn’t say what)
- 6:30 – Comic-Con exclusives? Snyder says Sucker Punch stuff will be there and he calls it crazy