With Divergent now playing in theaters, I recently landed an exclusive video interview with producers Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher. For those unfamiliar, the film is based on the Veronica Roth novel of the same name and takes place in a society where people are divided into factions based on their personalities. Tris (Shailene Woodley) is a young girl who doesn’t fit into any of the pre-assigned groups and faces grave consequences due to her status as a “Divergent.” Hit the jump to watch the interview. Divergent also stars Theo James, Ansel Elgort, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Tony Goldwyn, Ashley Judd, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, Christian Madsen, and Kate Winslet.
During the interview, Wick and Fisher talked about how the project came together, casting the great group of young up and coming actors, deleted scenes, landing director Neil Burger, why he isn’t doing the sequel, when they’re planning on filming the next installment, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- How they get involved in the project. They talk about what they saw in the manuscript and how it could be a great movie.
- When they were making the project where was Twilight and Hunger Games in their production.
- Casting a great group of young up and coming actors. Also casting Kate as a villain.
- How much did they know about plot of 2nd and 3rd book before making the first movie?
- How tough was it to land Neil Burger as director?
- How Burger isn’t doing the sequel and why?
- How early on was the studio saying they’d like to make the sequel?
- How a lot of their actors have landed huge roles since wrapping on the film.
- What’s the shooting schedule on the sequel?
- How the cast is under contract for the sequel.
- What other projects are they working on?
- Deleted scenes talk.