Opening this weekend is Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Source Code. Directed by Duncan Jones (who previously made the incredible Moon), the film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan, Vera Farmiga, and Jeffrey Wright. If you aren’t familiar with the plot, Gyllenhaal stars as a soldier who wakes up in the body of a stranger on a Chicago commuter train and “learns he’s part of a government experiment called the ‘Source Code,’ a program that enables him to cross over into another man’s identity in the last 8 minutes of his life.” If you’re nervous that Jones was a one hit wonder, don’t be. Source Code is an intelligent thriller that’s definitely worth your time. You can read Scott’s review here. I also definitely recommend it.
A few days ago I covered the Los Angeles press day and I spoke to Jones about t-shirts, what’s his karaoke song, the challenge of editing Source Code, how tough was it to settle on a project after the success of Moon, SXSW, what will be on the DVD/Blu-ray, deleted scenes, and he talks about his next film which he is writing right now. Says it’s an original sci-fi story. Hit the jump to watch:
- T-shirts talk
- What’s his karaoke song. Did he play Rock Band on set.
- The challenge of editing the film
- After the critical success of Moon, how daunting was it to find his follow up film. Explains how he got attached to the project
- What was it like being at SXSW
- Deleted scenes talk. What will be on the DVD/Blu-ray
- Says his next film is sci-fi and he is writing it