Jon M. Chu’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation is now playing in theaters. The sequel’s story finds the Joes disbanded and outnumbered as they must square off against not only the Cobras, but also threats within their own government. G.I. Joe: Retaliation stars Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, D.J. Cotrona, Elodie Yung, Ray Park, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Stevenson, Walton Goggins, RZA and Adrianne Palicki. For more on the film, here’s clips, images, on set interviews, and all our previous coverage.
A few days ago, our partners at Omelete spoke with Johnson. They talked about the 3D conversion, why they pushed back the release date, working with Jon Chu, the fight sequences, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Dwayne Johnson Time Index:
- :06 Talks about pushing the release date back.
- :48 The 3D conversion. Talks about the approach to the conversion.
- 1:34 Working with Jon Chu. Talks about his background in directing dance films and how that transferred to his work with the action scenes.
- 2:41 The film’s fight sequences.
- 3:18 What’s his favorite thing about the movie? Talks building on the first film.