In the past few weeks, I’ve run two interviews with Dwayne Johnson for Faster. The first was from my set visit earlier this year, and the more recent interview was a lengthy 45 minute phone conversation while he was on the set of Fast Five. Since we’d covered so many of the things that went into the making of Faster, when I sat down with him a few days ago at the Los Angeles press junket, I knew I’d have to mix it up. Thankfully, Johnson was game for answering all my questions, and he talked about reading online reviews, why he’s excited for Faster, confirms that he wants to make more action movies, says Protection should be his next film after Journey to the Center of the Earth 2, and he even talks a bit about his fight with Vin Diesel in Fast Five. Hit the jump to check it out:
But I’ve left out my favorite part. While I’ve said many times that Johnson is one of the nicest people I’ve ever spoken to while working for Collider, it’s hard to demonstrate it in a print interview. However, thanks to the magic of video, you can see it for yourself! That’s because when my interview was scheduled to end, Johnson actually told the people in the room that I could ask another question. And then he did it again. Trust me, this is not what happens. Ever. Also, it’s because he let me ask a few more questions that I was able to get updates on Protection and Fast Five. Needless to say, a huge thank you to Dwayne Johnson for being so cool.
And if you’re wondering about Faster…if the idea of Dwayne Johnson going around killing the people who murdered his brother sounds good, you’ll love Faster. It’s a lean, violent, revenge flick that shows what Johnson can do when he’s not making family films.
- How much does he pay attention to what people are saying online. Talks about critics and how he reads everything.
- I joke around about how much we’ve talked about Faster
- What does he want people to know about Faster
- Does he want to make more action films after Journey to the Center of the Earth 2
- 4:25 or so…it’s nice to hear Johnson say this
- Protection update. Says it’s being written right now and if it works out right, he’ll be doing that film after Journey 2
- I ask if he’s seen Fast Five yet. Says he hasn’t, but has seen a bit of his big fight with Vin Diesel