Opening this weekend is Chris Kentis and Laura Lau‘s horror thriller Silent House. Based on the Uruguayan pic La Casa Muda, Silent House centers on a young woman (Elizabeth Olsen) trapped in her family’s crumbling, secluded lakeside house. The twist that makes Silent House stand out from your standard horror fare is that the movie was designed to make it look like it was shot in a single take. The story plays out in real time over 88 minutes as we follow Olsen’s character through the house. Adam Trese, Eric Sheffer Stevens, Julia Taylor Ross, Haley Murphy, and Adam Barnett also star. For more on the film, here’s the trailer, motion poster and a TV spot.
The other day I got to sit down with Elizabeth Olsen for an exclusive interview. We talked about how she prepared for the role, the challenges of being in every frame, what was it like to do reshoots after premiering at Sundance, karaoke, and her favorite movie, director and actor. In addition, we talked about two of her upcoming projects: Josh Radnor‘s Liberal Arts and John Krokidas‘ Kill Your Darlings (she plays Jack Kerouac‘s first love Edie Parker). Hit the jump to watch.
- Favorite movie, director and actor.
- What’s her karaoke song.
- She talks about how daunting it was to be in almost every frame of the movie.
- How did she prepare for the role and did she ask for advice from anyone.
- What was it like to go back to this character after wrapping as they did reshoots after the Sundance premiere.
- Talks about Liberal Arts, who she plays and why she wanted to be part of the film.
- Talks about Kill Your Darlings and what drew her to the project.