Opening this weekend is LAIKA’s The Boxtrolls. Making their stop-motion debut is directors Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable and the film is based on the children’s novel Here Be Monsters by Alan Snow. Featuring the voices of Isaac Hempstead Wright, Elle Fanning, Ben Kingsley, Toni Collette, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Richard Ayoade, Tracy Morgan, and Jared Harris, The Boxtrolls is about a young orphaned boy named Eggs (Wright) who is raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors who he must save from evil exterminator Archibald Snatched (Kingsley). For more on the film, click here for trailers, images, interviews, and everything we’ve posted on the film.
At the L.A. press day I landed a video interview with Elle Fanning. She talked about how she got involved in The Boxtrolls, the incredible artistry, if she “borrowed” anything from set, the recording process, how excited she is to work with Bryan Cranston on Trumbo, if she’s allowed to watch Breaking Bad, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- How she needs to work more.
- Talks about how she got involved in the project and the incredible artistry.
- What surprised her about making the film?
- Did she “borrow” anything from set?
- Did she ever record with anyone else or was it always on her own?
- Talks about getting to work with Bryan Cranston on Trumbo and is she allowed to watch Breaking Bad?