I first took notice of Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada. As Meryl Streep’s first assistant, Blunt was quite funny and a scene stealer. Since then, she’s worked almost non-stop landing roles in such films as Dan in Real Life, Sunshine Cleaning, The Young Victoria, The Great Buck Howard, and many others. She’s proven she can handle any role, and she has a number of big name projects still to come out like The Adjustment Bureau and Gulliver’s Travels.
But this weekend, Blunt is one of the leads in Universal’s The Wolfman, as she plays the fiancé of Benicio Del Toro’s brother. To help promote the film, I recently got to speak with this great actress as a reporter for our partners at Omelete. We talked about how she manages to do interviews all day (she tells me a great story), how she got involved in The Wolfman, working with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro, and she explained what Gulliver’s Travels is about and what people can expect from the film. Hit the jump to hear what she had to say:
And if you’d like to watch some clips from The Wolfman, click here.
- We had been laughing off camera before the interview started…I don’t think she expected my first question…
- Does she enjoy the promotional process
- She tells me a trick for making the answers more fun
- Has she ever been to Brazil
- Did she pursue Wolfman or did they pursue her
- She talks about how the project had a different director when she came on board and how things changed
- What are some things people might not know about Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro
- Did a lot of friends want to visit her on the set
- Gulliver’s Travels talk
- What does she have coming up