With director George Ratliff’s thriller Welcome Home opening in theaters and On Demand this weekend (it premiered exclusively on DIRECTV), I recently sat down with Aaron Paul and Emily Ratajkowski for a wide-ranging exclusive interview. Unlike some junkets where you only get a few minutes to talk with the stars of the film, when I sat down with Paul and Ratajkowski I had enough time to not only discuss the film, but also play something we call “Ice Breakers.” If you’ve never seen it, it’s a fun game that includes questions like which TV show you would want to guest star on, what’s your favorite sci-fi/fantasy movie, which film scared you as a kid, what you collect, if you own any movie/TV show props, what’s your phone background photo, and more. I’ve found the game always leads to learning some fun stuff about the people we interview and this one was no different. After all, did you know Aaron Paul was a massive fan of Lost? Or that Emily Ratajkowski loves Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings?
If you’re not familiar with Welcome Home, the film is about a couple (Paul and Ratajkowski) trying to fix their marriage by renting a beautiful home in the Italian countryside. Unfortunately, a local neighbor uses his good looks and charm to manipulate the couple into turning against each other with dangerous results.
Check out Aaron Paul & Emily Ratajkowski playing “Ice Breakers” in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about and the Welcome Home trailer. Look for more with Paul and Ratajkowski tomorrow.
Aaron Paul & Emily Ratajkowski:
- What TV show would they love to guest star on?
- Do they have a favorite sci-fi or fantasy film?
- What film scared them as a kid?
- What do they collect?
- Do they own any movie or TV show props?
- Aaron talks about his love of Lost.
- Emily talks about her love of Game of Thrones and what she does after each episode ends.
- What’s the background photo on their phone?
- What TV show have they watched all the way through more than once?
- What got them involved in the entertainment industry?