Several weeks ago, Sony Pictures invited us to attend the press junket The Amazing Spider-Man. The reboot takes a grittier, more realistic approach to Peter Parker’s journey to becoming your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, and sees the wall-crawler struggling to come to grips with the mysterious of disappearance of his parents. For more on the film, click here for all of our previous coverage.
During my on-camera interview with Emma Stone, who plays Gwen Stacy, we talked about the experience of previewing the film at Comic-Con and WonderCon, why the character’s fate in the comics drew her to the role, playing Laurie Partridge in the TV movie The New Partridge Family, and more. Hit the jump to check out the interview, and click here for my interview with co-star Andrew Garfield. The Amazing Spider-Man opens in 3D on July 3rd.
- 0:10 – Playing Laurie Partridge in the TV Movie The New Partridge Family.
- 1:02 – If she’s seen any of the merchandise for the The Amazing Spider-Man.
- 1:22 – How the finished film compared to what she envisioned when she first read the script.
- 2:02 – The experience of previewing the film at Comic-Con and WonderCon
- 2:27 – How Gwen Stacy’s fate in the comic books made her want to play the character.
- 3:02 – The experience of already having to prepare for a sequel.