One of the many films being promoted at this year’s New York Comic-Con was director Richard LaGrevenese’s Beautiful Creatures. Based on the three-book series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the story centers on two mystically charged teens who are mysteriously drawn to one another despite never having met, and uncover some unsettling secrets about their families and the small southern town in which they live. The film stars Alice Englert, Emmy Rossum, Jeremy Irons, Viola Davis and Emma Thompson. For more on Beautiful Creatures, here’s the first trailer, a featurette, our set visit preview, and Matt’s recap of NYCC.
Shortly before the panel, I got to sit down with Emmy Rossum for an exclusive video interview. We talked about her experiences with Comic-Con, whether there’s anything she collects, her preferred version of the board game Risk and how she’s looking for a first edition, how she got involved in Beautiful Creatures and her accent, the third season of Shameless, her plans for hiatus, Twitter and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- 0:32 – Her experience going to comic conventions.
- 0:58 – If there’s anything she collects like comics, toys, etc.
- 1:44 – Talking about her preferred version of the board game Risk, its finer points, if she plays by house rules, and her strategies.
- 2:54 – The fun of doing a southern accent in Beautiful Creatures, and how it helped her connect to her character.
- 3:53 – What attracted her to do Beautiful Creatures.
- 4:31 – What changed on set as they were making the film.
- 5:32 – How the third season of Shameless compares to the first two.
- 6:18 – The process of shooting in Shameless.
- 6:38 – Her plans for the next hiatus.
- 7:09 – Why she likes using Twitter.