We’ve got a few new posters to share today. Briefly:
- Ender’s Game – A new promo poster for the adaptation puts Asa Butterfield and Harrison Ford’s characters front and center, as we see Butterfield’s titular Ender in his space suit. The film opens on November 1st.
- Blue Jasmine – The first poster for Woody Allen’s latest is unsurprisingly simple, but it does look like Cate Blanchett’s character will be the film’s central focus. The pic opens in limited release on July 26th.
- Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom – The debut poster for the biopic gives us our first look at Idris Elba as Nelson Mandela, which hopefully means a debut trailer is on its way. The film opens on November 29th.
- The Internship – A new poster for director Shawn Levy’s comedy sells the reunion of Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. The film opens on June 7th.
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones – A few character posters for the YA adaptation feature Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robert Sheehan, and Godfrey Gao. The film opens on August 21st.
Hit the jump to check out all of the posters.
Here’s the official synopsis for Ender’s Game:
In the near future, a hostile alien race (called the Formics) have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander, Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite.
Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult war games, distinguishing himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military’s next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he’s trained by Mazer Rackham, himself, to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Via IMP Awards.
Via IMP Awards.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Internship:
Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) are salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital world. Trying to prove they are not obsolete, they defy the odds by talking their way into a coveted internship at Google, along with a battalion of brilliant college students. But, gaining entrance to this utopia is only half the battle. Now they must compete with a group of the nation’s most elite, tech-savvy geniuses to prove that necessity really is the mother of re-invention.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder—much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It’s hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing—not even a smear of blood—to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It’s also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know…