Written by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
Yesterday I did something awesome…I sat down with Simon Pegg for an extended video interview. We talked for about 45 minutes and covered everything! From “Star Trek” to “Tintin”, we talked about every project he’s done in the last year to stuff he’s getting ready to do.
If you are a fan of Simon Pegg, I promise you are going to absolutely LOVE this interview.
Since our conversation ran so long, I’m dividing it up into two articles. Today I’m posting what Simon said about “Star Trek”, and here's the stuff he said on “Paul”, “Ice Age 3”, “Tintin”, his next movie with Edgar Wright (his partner on “Shaun of the Dead” and “Hot Fuzz”), and what he’s geeking out about now. And for people nervous that we wouldn’t geek out like we’ve done in the past….don’t worry. Of course we talked “Star Wars” and a few other things…
And one last thing, about a year ago Simon and I talked about how he got cast in “Star Trek”, what are his favorite “Trek” shows in order of preference, and a ton more. So if the interview below doesn’t answer all your fanboy needs, try the other one.
As I always do, I’ve listed everything we talked about above each part.
Finally, I've also posted 6 clips from "Star Trek", so click here if you'd like to watch them.
And here is my video interview with Captain Nero (Eric Bana), and here’s my video interview with Captain Pike (Bruce Greenwood). I’ve got more video interviews with the rest of the cast, so get ready.
As I have said many times…I loved J.J. Abrams “Star Trek”. I’ve seen it twice and can’t wait to see it again. Great, great movie. And I’ve joined the ever growing world of Twitter.
Simon Pegg part 1
· I start off the interview by thanking him for supplying me with some questions that I asked other cast members at the junket
· Why did he miss the junket
· How great is it to finally be able to talk about the movie with people
· We talk about Scotty’s origin and where he was born and what accent he used
· How does it feel to be a part of the Star Trek franchise – he talks about the premiere at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood and what it means to him
· He talks about his love of Star Wars and how it’s changed after the prequels
· Was there ever any hesitation about taking the part
Simon Pegg part 2
· When he delivered a famous line, did he notice more people on set watching him
· Filming at the Budweiser plant
· The new engine room of the Enterprise
· Simon talks about all the references from the original series
· Easter eggs talk
· Deleted scenes
· Is he surprised at how great it turned out
· What did he do to prepare for the role
· James Doohan’s son is in the movie. Simon tells you where to look