Exclusive Video Interview: Brandon Routh talks SCOTT PLIGRIM and DYLAN DOG
Posted by Frosty
Written by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
Earlier tonight I attended the premiere of “Fanboys” in Beverly Hills. While I’ll be posting a ton of video interviews with the cast and director Kyle Newman over the next two days, I landed one interview on the red carpet that just couldn’t wait.
You see, one of the movies I can’t wait to see is director Edgar Wright’s “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World”. And based on the amount of hits we get when we post news stories on the movie, I know I’m not alone in my anticipation for the film.
Anyway, while we all knew the movie would be live action, Brandon let it slip that parts of the movie will feature some hand drawn animation!
While he didn’t say where the animation would be in the movie, I’d imagine it’d be when Michael Cera’s character is fighting the boyfriends. But that’s just my guess. Brandon also said that the script finishes the comic…which could mean the script includes what happens in book 6. For those that don’t know, book 5 just came out. For more info on “Scott Pilgrim”, click here for Matt’s write-up on all the casting. And since a lot of you probably just want to see the “Scott Pilgrim” stuff…that’s all in part 2 below.
Finally, for fans of “Dylan Dog” and director Kevin Munroe, Brandon says it’s looking like filming will begin on that comic book adaptation this April or May and they’ll be shooting in New Orleans.
Here’s Brandon. Look for the other “Fanboys” interviews tomorrow and Thursday.
Brandon Routh – Part 1
· Dylan Dog talk – says he thinks it’s about to happen. Hopes to be shooting in April/May in New Orleans
· Brandon then talks about his character and what Dylan Dog is about
· Sam Huntington interrupts us…
· Table for Three talk
· I ask what else he’s doing
Brandon Routh – Part 2
· Scott Pilgrim talk – I ask if he’s a fan of Edgar’s and he tells me how he got the part
· Says the movie is going to be a mix of real people with some drawn animation! Says it’s going to look awesome.
· I ask if he has read the comics
· Says the script finishes the comic (meaning it might include what happens in book 6)
· I ask if he likes Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz more