Producers Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari and Bernie Goldmann Exclusive Video Interview
Posted by Frosty
Last night I attended the 34th Annual Saturn Awards here in Los Angeles. While there, I managed to get video interviews with a ton of the winners and presenters, and here’s the next one…a crazy interview with Producers Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari and Bernie Goldmann.
They were there for the movie "300," and while the interview started quite slow…by the end I got them to reveal a few big scoops.
The first is they have landed director Tarsem Singh ("The Fall," "The Cell") to helm "War of Gods!" They say it’s another Greek film like "300" was. They say they’re going to use the stuff they learned on "300" to make the film and they said it’s going to start filming in the first quarter of next year. For more info…watch the interview.
The other bit of news is on "300." They announced they’re working on a new Blu-ray edition of the film and they dropped a bomb…they’re trying to make a sequel/prequel to the film.
At first I didn’t believe them, but later in the night I spoke to Zack Snyder again (interview is here) and he confirmed what they said. He said Frank Miller is working on a new story of some kind and if they all really like it they’ll make it! Crazy news....I know!
Anyway, watch the interview. It’s broken up into two parts and what we talked about is above each part.
Producers Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari and Bernie Goldmann – Part 1
- Did they ever think they’d be at the Saturn Awards
- I ask if what they’re working on now – they say a prequel to 300?!
- War of Gods talk – another Greek epic they’re working on – they said they just closed the deal. It’s not based on the video game
- Watch as I try to get some info….
- Gianni says it’s a film about a war between the Gods and the humans
- I ask again about another 300 movie…he says they’re talking with Frank and Zack about something.
- I ask how hard is it to get Frank Miller right now with how busy he is
- More War of Gods talk – they reveal it’s Tarsem’s next project!
Producers Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari and Bernie Goldmann – Part 2
- War of Gods talk – they say Variety should have a story today – it’s two writers on it.
- They also say it’s Tarsem’s next project! Mark Canton says he’ll finally have the budget to make an epic project
- He says it’s much more structured than his previous stuff.
- Mark says they’re doing a new 300 Blu-ray edition!
- They say War of Gods is going in first quarter of 2009
- I ask about the budget for the movie and they say it’s going to be very similar to 300