Exclusive: David Goyer reveals MAGNETO and INVISIBLE MAN Info
Posted by Frosty
Written by Steve ‘Frosty’ Weintraub
Today was the Los Angeles
press day for David Goyer’s new movie “The Unborn”. Since the movie doesn’t come out till January, I’ll be holding back my full interview till closer to release. But that doesn’t mean I won’t tease you with some new info on “Magneto” and “Invisible Man”.
In case you didn’t know, David Goyer has written a script for Magneto – the character you all know and love from “The X-Men”. While rumors were flying that’d be his next directing gig, he tells me that 20th Century Fox is waiting to see how “Wolverine” does next summer before they decide whether or not to move ahead with the project. He also tells me the movie takes place in 1961 and it shows Professor X (Charles) and Magneto (Eric) as best friends and they team up against another person in the movie.
The other bit of news was about the project he’ll be directing next – “Invisible Man”.
If you watch the interview below, at the end he talks about the film. He says the character is the nephew of the original Invisible Man and he perfects the ability. After perfecting it, he’s captured by Scotland Yard and he can either work for them or be dissected.
As I said, in the coming weeks expect a big interview with David…but until then…here are his comments on “Wolverine” and “Invisible Man”.
· Magneto talk – says 20th Century Fox is going to wait till Wolverine gets released to see if they move forward on the film
· I ask if it’s similar to the first two X-Men movies and he says it’s different in tone and the movie takes place in 1961/62. He says Professor X (Charles) and Magneto (Eric) are best friends in the film and they team up against another villain
· Comic Book talk – what is he working on right now
· I ask why he thinks comic-book movies are so popular right now
· I ask if more studios are asking for his involvement on comic book movies
· Invisible Man talk – says he put a little homage to Invisible Man in The Unborn
· We talk about his take on the movie. Says his character is the nephew of the original Invisible Man and he perfects the ability. Says he’s captured by Scotland Yard and he can either work for them or be dissected.
· I ask if it’s real world based