Last week at the VES Awards in Beverly Hills, I got to speak with Eric Saindon (visual effects supervisor), David Clayton (animation supervisor Weta Digital) and Christopher White (visual effects supervisor Weta Digital) about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and its sequels. During the red carpet interview they also talked about the challenging shots of The Hobbit, Gollum, going back to Rivendell, Smaug, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch the interview.
Eric Saindon, David Clayton and Christopher White Time Index:
- 0:25 – Eric Saindon, the on-set supervisor, talks about the first sequence shot in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- 0:50 – David Clayton talks about working on the visual effects of Gollum.
- 1:45 – Christopher White comments on doing the first shots of Rivendell revisited.
- 2:20 – Saindon and Clayton are excited to get to work on Smaug, along with action sequences in the follow-up film.
- 3:05 – White is anxious to see the new places that the characters will travel to.