Last week at the VES Awards in Beverly Hills, I got to speak with Eric Saindon (visual effects supervisor), David Clayton (animation supervisor Weta Digital) and Christopher White (visual effects supervisor Weta Digital) about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and its sequels. During the red carpet interview they also talked about the challenging shots of The Hobbit, Gollum, going back to Rivendell, Smaug, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch the interview.
Eric Saindon, David Clayton and Christopher White Time Index:
- 0:25 – Eric Saindon, the on-set supervisor, talks about the first sequence shot in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
- 0:50 – David Clayton talks about working on the visual effects of Gollum.
- 1:45 – Christopher White comments on doing the first shots of Rivendell revisited.
- 2:20 – Saindon and Clayton are excited to get to work on Smaug, along with action sequences in the follow-up film.
- 3:05 – White is anxious to see the new places that the characters will travel to.
The upcoming film also stars Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kristen Wiig, and Jeff Daniels.
Jacques Audiard's latest film won the Palme d'Or at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
It turns out most Memorial Day movies aren’t very good.
Asif Kapadia's ('Senna') documentary is a biography of sorts, but also an incredible tribute to her as an artist.
This year's Cannes jury includes Guillermo del Toro, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Sienna Miller, and is headed up by Joel and Ethan Coen. What were their favorites of the fest?
Michel Franco’s 'Chronic' stars Tim Roth as a homecare nurse who gets too involved with his patients.
Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ held in first place for the three-day weekend with an estimated $32.1 million. ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ came in second with $30.3 million. ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ was down 47% in third while the ‘Poltergeist’ reboot opened as expected, in fourth place.
Matt Damon leads the "'Cast Away' on Mars"-esque film, which also stars Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Kate Mara.
Which would you save? ‘Star Wars’ or ‘Star Trek’? Han Solo or Indiana Jones? ‘Game of Thrones’ or ‘Breaking Bad’? Watch as Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt are forced to choose.
It looks like she won't star in 'The Circle' opposite Tom Hanks after all.