On September 30th, a film opens that I can’t wait to see: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Based on the novel of the same name by Ransom Riggs, the Tim Burton film stars Asa Butterfield as a young boy who stumbles upon a secret refuge for supernaturally gifted youngsters, headed up by the mysterious Miss Peregrine (Eva Green) only to learn that the children are in danger from ever-growing malevolent forces. The film also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Ella Purnell, Judi Dench, Chris O’Dowd, Allison Janney, Terence Stamp, Kim Dickens, and Rupert Everett and was scripted by Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class).
Not too long ago I got to watch a number of scenes from the film, and was impressed by, not only the visuals but the way the material seemed perfect for Burton’s imagination and love of all things “weird.” I left the presentation impressed and excited to see more.
Shortly afterwards, I got the opportunity to speak with Eva Green. She talked about what she’s excited for people to see, Burton’s “Scary Poppins” nickname for her character, and why she realized it would be a great Tim Burton movie after reading the script. Check out what she had to say in the video above, and catch up with our recent Miss Peregrine coverage in the links below.
Here’s the official synopsis for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children:
From visionary director Tim Burton, and based upon the best-selling novel, comes an unforgettable motion picture experience. When Jake discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.
- Tim Burton Reveals Why He Wanted to Direct ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’
- Asa Butterfield and Ella Purnell on Tim Burton’s ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’
- Watch: ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ Takes Us to Tim Burton’s Peculiar World in New Featurette
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’: New Trailer Further Reveals Tim Burton’s Latest Oddity
- ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ Images Reveal More of Tim Burton’s Peculiar Wonders