At this year’s Toronto Film Festival, I was able to speak with Evan Rachel Wood about starring in director George Clooney’s political drama The Ides of March. Co-starring Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, and Jeffrey Wright, the pic takes place during the tension-filled days leading up to an all-important Ohio presidential primary where a press secretary (Gosling) finds himself in the middle of a scandal that could upend his candidate’s (Clooney) shot at winning. Loaded with great performances and a smart script, The Ides of March is really well done and definitely worth your time.
During the interview, Wood talked about how she got involved in the project, working with the great cast, filming in Ohio, the kind of research she does for her roles, and what she takes away from being on True Blood. In addition, Wood revealed she really wants to do a stoner comedy. Hit the jump to watch the interview and Wood doing some Janis Joplin.
Evan Rachel Wood
- How has she been enjoying TIFF so far
- How did she get involved in Ides of March
- Talks about getting a phone call from George Clooney
- What kind of research does she typically do for her roles and what did she do for on this one
- What’s her karaoke song (it’s on YouTube)
- What’s the last video game she’s played
- How many takes does she like to do
- What was it like to film in Ohio
- How does she look back on True Blood
- What is she going to do in the future. Says she really wants to do a stoner comedy
And here’s Wood singing Janis Joplin’s “Piece of my heart”: