Opening this Friday is director Sam Raimi’s “Drag Me To Hell”. As I’ve said a few times on the site, it’s an awesome movie and one that you should absolutely go and see – especially if you’re a fan of old school Sam Raimi. While you might have been nervous that the “Spider-Man” movies made him forget how to scare an audience, “Drag Me To Hell” shows he’s still got it. Can’t say enough how much I enjoyed this movie.
So to help promote the film, I recently got to interview the cast and Mr Raimi himself. My plan is to post an interview everyday and up first is the star of “Drag Me To Hell”, Alison Lohman.
In the film, Alison plays an ambitious L.A. loan officer with a great boyfriend. Life is good until she meets the mysterious Mrs. Ganush – who has come to her bank asking for an extension on a loan. When Alison refuses to grant one, Mrs. Ganush places her under an ancient curse and she has to decide how far she’s willing to go to break its spell. And if you know Sam Raimi, this is where the fun starts…
Anyway, during my time with Alison we spoke about working for Sam, how physically challenging the role was, and a lot more. And for people that missed the movie clips I previously posted, click here. Again, “Drag Me To Hell” opens this Friday.
Here’s what we talked about:
- What is it like to answer questions all day about a movie
- How did Sam Raimi approach her to be in the movie
- What was her reaction when she read the script
- We talk about the fight scene in the car and was it as physical as it looked
- Did she have a lot of friends that wanted to come to set to see Sam Raimi work
- We talk about the nosebleed scene
- Working with Justin Long
- How did Sam ask her to prepare for the film