One of the things I love about Comic-Con is getting to do extended interviews with filmmakers I admire. And that’s what happened when I got to speak with director Lee Unkrich about his next Pixar movie, “Toy Story 3″. Since the movie is far from finished, Lee was quite guarded when it came to talking about plot points. But that didn’t stop me from asking about everything else I could think of like what cool collectible stuff might come out with “Toy Story 3″, and what’s the status of his previous films like “Monsters Inc.” and “Toy Story 2″ on Blu-ray.
If you’re a fan of Pixar or just of the “Toy Story” franchise, it’s a great conversation and one I’m sure you’ll enjoy. Also, after the jump I listed what other subjects we talked about.
Lee Unkrich Toy Story 3
- Has he been to Comic-Con before and how has it been for him
- Does he collect anything
- Toy Story 3 collectible merchandise
- Where are they in the production process
- What is the time frame it takes to animate a film
- As they were writing the film, how did 3D play into it
- Test screening talk
- Michael Keaton plays Ken
- Do they feel any internal pressure to always raise the bar at Pixar
- Blu-ray talk – what’s the status of his previous films on the HD format
- Has he done any extras for any of the upcoming Blu-ray releases
- Is Ben Burtt involved in Toy Story 3